Phoenix Chamber Choir is searching for an Assistant Conductor!
- Learn and prepare all choral repertoire
- Conduct weekly preparatory rehearsals as requested and report back to the Artistic Director with comments and questions
- Have basic proficiency in piano to facilitate rehearsals
- Cover the Artistic Director for all Phoenix rehearsals and be ready to cover performances (if necessary)
- Assist with annual chorus auditions and re-auditions, including reviewing applications, scheduling auditions, and assisting in auditions as needed
- Work with Artistic Team and Administrator on rehearsal or concert production issues
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Artistic Director
- Masters of Music in conducting is preferred, or the equivalent experience working with choral ensembles; Bachelor degree will be considered with sufficient experience in ensemble conducting
- Demonstrated experience preparing and conducting a chorus at the high school, collegiate, or community chorus level
- Demonstrated knowledge of vocal technique and choral repertoire
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and take direction from the Phoenix Chamber Choir Artistic Director, and to work collaboratively with musicians, and both professional and volunteer staff
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit application materials via email to [email protected]. To be considered, application materials must be received no later than Friday May 31, 2019
For more information about this position and the required application materials, please see: Phoenix Chamber Choir – Assistant Conductor Application Information.